Sign up to get our free landlord tax strategies

To receive our seven FREE landlord tax saving strategies just simply complete the form below and the first strategy will be emailed to you immediately.

Sign up to get our free landlord tax strategies

Thank You!

Seven FREE property tax busting strategies reveal the secrets of how to legitimately beat the taxman and boost your property profits!
View All Questions

What would be tax position?

I am thinking of letting out my house as a self-catering holiday property, and moving to the country. What tax would I have to pay on the income? Can I claim back any work needing doing to the property against the tax? 

Arthur Weller replies: 
You will have to pay income tax on the net rental income, i.e. the gross rental income (actually received from the tenant) less the allowable expenses. Unfortunately, allowable expenses do not include the time the landlord himself spends working on the rental properties, only the money he actually pays to other people to work on the rental properties, or the money he actually pays for materials etc. (see

Property Tax Insider This sample question and answer is taken from Property Tax Insider, a monthly UK tax saving magazine for landlords and property investors.

The first issue is free so click here to try today!

Got a burning tax question?

Why not submit a tax question to our tax advisors

Ask a Question