This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our privacy notice.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


A bit of data which remembers the affiliate who forwarded a user to our site and recognises orders from those who become customers through that affiliate.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Enrol now on the free landlord tax strategies course

To enrol in the 7 tax saving strategies email course complete the form below. The first module will be emailed to you immediately.

Enrol now on the free landlord tax strategies course

Thank You!

Free Tax Saving Strategies Course
The seven FREE property tax busting strategies course reveals the secrets of how to legitimately beat the taxman and boost your property profits!
View All Questions

Re-Investing profits within a Company

Question If I own my property within a company then can I re-invest profits to defer tax? I understand that it is not possible to defer tax if the properties are held outside a company but is it possible if they are held within a company?

Ian Says

It is not usually possible to defer corporation tax by reinvesting in other properties within a limited company if these are residential properties.  Commercial properties are treated differently and there does exist a deferral of capital gains for reinvestment in such properties, although the rules are too complex for discussion here.  The main use of a limited company is in reducing the rate of tax payable on income and gains within the company, hence producing more net income to reinvest in future.

Case Study

Landlord Tax Secrets Get our SEVEN FREE Landlord Tax Saving Strategies - Guaranteed To Slash Your Property Tax Bills!
Click here for more.

Got a burning tax question?

Why not submit a tax question to our tax advisors

Ask a Question