Sign up to get our free landlord tax strategies

To receive our seven FREE landlord tax saving strategies just simply complete the form below and the first strategy will be emailed to you immediately.

Sign up to get our free landlord tax strategies

Thank You!

Seven FREE property tax busting strategies reveal the secrets of how to legitimately beat the taxman and boost your property profits!
View All Questions

Can I get 100% tax allowance on the cost of the conversion?


There is a new incentive for property owners to convert an empty property above a shop into living accommodation and to get a 100% tax allowance on the cost of conversion. Will this 100% tax allowance be allowed on properties where there is already accommodation above the shop but where the shop is empty and the shop is converted in to living accommodation?


Arthur Says

The 100% capital allowances will not be available here, because the ground floor has to be authorised for business use (CAA 2001 sec 393C (1) (a)), which I understand to mean, actually used commercially.


If you have a pressing tax question and would like to discuss it through with our lead UK tax specialist, Arthur Weller, then please click here.


Case Study

Landlord Tax Secrets Get our SEVEN FREE Landlord Tax Saving Strategies - Guaranteed To Slash Your Property Tax Bills!
Click here for more.

Got a burning tax question?

Why not submit a tax question to our tax advisors

Ask a Question