Sign up to get our free landlord tax strategies

To receive our seven FREE landlord tax saving strategies just simply complete the form below and the first strategy will be emailed to you immediately.

Sign up to get our free landlord tax strategies

Thank You!

Seven FREE property tax busting strategies reveal the secrets of how to legitimately beat the taxman and boost your property profits!
View All Questions

Will We Pay Tax on Rental Income?


My partner, her brother and her sister were left their mother’s house in her will when she passed away. With the current housing market being as it is they are reluctant to sell and are considering renting out the property, as at the moment the property is standing empty and will be costing them money in council tax etc. We have been informed the rental value could be around £400 per calendar month. We’re unsure whether we would pay tax on this. All owners of the property are working and pay tax at a lower rate.


Arthur says:

The gross annual income from the property will be about £4,800 (£400 * 12), before allowable expenses, like council tax. This is about £1,600 to each partner. After deducting allowable expenses, each partner will pay 20% income tax on the net amount.

Landlord Tax Secrets Get our SEVEN FREE Landlord Tax Saving Strategies - Guaranteed To Slash Your Property Tax Bills!
Click here for more.

Got a burning tax question?

Why not submit a tax question to our tax advisors

Ask a Question