This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our privacy notice.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


A bit of data which remembers the affiliate who forwarded a user to our site and recognises orders from those who become customers through that affiliate.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Enrol now on the free landlord tax strategies course

To enrol in the 7 tax saving strategies email course complete the form below. The first module will be emailed to you immediately.

Enrol now on the free landlord tax strategies course

Thank You!

Free Tax Saving Strategies Course
The seven FREE property tax busting strategies course reveals the secrets of how to legitimately beat the taxman and boost your property profits!
View All Questions

Should I Treat My Property Income as Seperate Self Employed Income or Exisiting Income for Tax Purposes?


I currently complete my tax returns and then complete the property section to include income from 1 x property. However, I have since purchased another 2 properties - should I treat them as a seperate self employed income or add them to exisiting income for tax purposes.


Arthur Says:
Generally, all property income and expenses from all let properties owned by the taxpayer are amalgamated, to give one figure for gross rental income, one figure for repairs etc. and one figure for net rental income. These final amalgamated figures are entered onto the UK property pages of the self assessment tax return.
Case Study

Landlord Tax Secrets Get our SEVEN FREE Landlord Tax Saving Strategies - Guaranteed To Slash Your Property Tax Bills!
Click here for more.

Got a burning tax question?

Why not submit a tax question to our tax advisors

Ask a Question