Enrol now on the free landlord tax strategies course

To enrol in the 7 tax saving strategies email course complete the form below. The first module will be emailed to you immediately.

Enrol now on the free landlord tax strategies course

Thank You!

Free Tax Saving Strategies Course
The seven FREE property tax busting strategies course reveals the secrets of how to legitimately beat the taxman and boost your property profits!
View All Questions

Do I need to pay tax twice?

Question How should I best deal with income from property in the United States, which has paid property tax in the US but was earned by a UK national resident in the UK? I assume that it should be declared to HMRC but the US tax paid is deducted from the income tax due. What are the best ways to minimize the overall tax burden?

Arthur Weller replies:

You have to declare the US rental income on the SA106 (Foreign) supplementary pages of the self-assessment return www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/sa106.pdf. You should claim foreign tax credit relief in the section dealing with property income - see HMRC Helpsheet 263, so that you do not pay tax twice.

Property Tax Insider This sample question and answer is taken from Property Tax Insider, a monthly UK tax saving magazine for landlords and property investors.

The first issue is free so click here to try today!

Got a burning tax question?

Why not submit a tax question to our tax advisors

Ask a Question