This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our privacy notice.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


A bit of data which remembers the affiliate who forwarded a user to our site and recognises orders from those who become customers through that affiliate.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Enrol now on the free landlord tax strategies course

To enrol in the 7 tax saving strategies email course complete the form below. The first module will be emailed to you immediately.

Enrol now on the free landlord tax strategies course

Thank You!

Free Tax Saving Strategies Course
The seven FREE property tax busting strategies course reveals the secrets of how to legitimately beat the taxman and boost your property profits!
View All Questions

Can my daughter sell her flat and buy a 1/4 share in the family home?


Can my daughter sell her flat and buy a 1/4 share in the family home. There is no mortgage on either property.  It will raise equity for us. She cannot prove PPR as she has only lived in her property for the last 6 months. If she sells her property who informs the Revenue


James says

This is a potentially very complex area and you need to take specialist advice about the inheritance tax and pre-owned asset tax implications. One point - if your daughter has actually been using her flat as her residence for six months, and she had no other residence at the time, then the exemption for Main Residence should be available for the last three years of her ownership of it - though I would need to know the full facts to be sure of this.

Landlord Tax Secrets Get our SEVEN FREE Landlord Tax Saving Strategies - Guaranteed To Slash Your Property Tax Bills!
Click here for more.

Got a burning tax question?

Why not submit a tax question to our tax advisors

Ask a Question