Sign up to get our free landlord tax strategies

To receive our seven FREE landlord tax saving strategies just simply complete the form below and the first strategy will be emailed to you immediately.

Sign up to get our free landlord tax strategies

Thank You!

Seven FREE property tax busting strategies reveal the secrets of how to legitimately beat the taxman and boost your property profits!
View All Questions

Can I Get My 10 Million Back Tax Free?


I have 100 properties in my sole name, worth about 10m with 2.4m debt. If I transferred it all into a company, can I assume that even if I pay 18% Capital Gains Tax on the transfer, I can receive all of my 10m, tax free, out of the company after paying only 20% tax on rentals i.e. 600k rental income, 120k tax, leaving 480k in the company to draw tax free year on year until I get my 10m back?

Arthur Weller Replies:
In principle what you have written is correct, but there are three points that I need to bring to your attention: a) The company will have to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax on the present market value of the property portfolio (FA 2003, s 53) when the properties are transferred into it. b) If the company makes a profit of £600K from its rental income then it will pay 21% Corporation Tax (CT) on the first £300K of profit, and 29.75% marginal rate Corporation Tax on the remaining £300K of profit (at present CT rates) (assuming the company has no associated companies, and a full twelve month accounting period).

This means an annual CT bill for the company of £152.25K (not £120K). c) Speak to a tax adviser about the possibility of applying incorporation relief to the transfer of your 'property business'' into the company to mitigate the present liability to capital gains tax.

Landlord Tax Secrets Get our SEVEN FREE Landlord Tax Saving Strategies - Guaranteed To Slash Your Property Tax Bills!
Click here for more.

Got a burning tax question?

Why not submit a tax question to our tax advisors

Ask a Question